- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Big Island of Hawaii
Ahalanui Park Review
There's nothing like swimming in this natural, geothermally heated pool next to the ocean with palm trees swaying overhead. Popular with locals, this immaculate 3-acre beach park has a ½-acre pond of fresh spring water mixed with seawater that's heated by volcanic steam. There's no sand, but there is smooth, rocky access to the ocean as well as the pool. Check with the lifeguard on duty, and heed all posted signs; this park sometimes closes temporarily due to possible waterborne bacteria. The parking lot fills up quickly. Amenities: lifeguards; parking (no fee); showers; toilets. Best for: swimming.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
We are traveling to Maui for 2 weeks in Apr-May. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more