- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Big Island of Hawaii
Café Pesto Review
In the sleepy harbor town of Kawaihae, the original Café Pesto ranks as a hidden find. Gourmet, wood-fired pizzas are topped with eclectic goodies like pork and pineapple, chili-grilled shrimp, shiitake mushrooms, and cilantro crème fraîche. The menu also includes Asian-inspired pastas and risottos, fresh-fish entrées, and an excellent array of salads, including the Volcano Mist, garnished with crisp, local onion rings. Local brews and a full-service bar make this a good place to end the evening, and the lounge-y bar area with sofas and comfy chairs provides a nice place to grab a drink while waiting for a table.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are half way through our annual winter trip to the island of Hawaii. Read more
JANUARY 2014 ANNIVERSARY TRIP TO THE BIG ISLAND:
HOOKED ON HILO; KOHALA COAST IS COSTLY!
Recommended: 5/5 stars:
Shipman House Bed & Breakfast Inn
on “Reed's Island” i Read more
I need to be in Hilo for 2 days but would prefer to stay in the Kona side. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more