- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Big Island of Hawaii
Roy's Waikoloa Bar & Grill
Roy's Waikoloa Bar & Grill Review
Overlooking the lake at the Kings' Shops is, granted, not an oceanfront setting, but if you're staying nearby and are looking for decent food, this place fits the bill. In the mood for a light meal? Choose from the enormous selection of great appetizers, paired with something from the extensive wine-by-the-glass list. The three-course meal is a good bet, as is the butterfish or Szechwan ribs, a melt-in-your mouth encounter. The menu changes nightly and has a lot of specials, like ancho-chili-pepper seared sea scallops and grilled Hawaiian ono taco.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We are half way through our annual winter trip to the island of Hawaii. Read more
JANUARY 2014 ANNIVERSARY TRIP TO THE BIG ISLAND:
HOOKED ON HILO; KOHALA COAST IS COSTLY!
Recommended: 5/5 stars:
Shipman House Bed & Breakfast Inn
on “Reed's Island” i Read more
I need to be in Hilo for 2 days but would prefer to stay in the Kona side. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more