- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Big Island of Hawaii
Kuhio Grille Review
There's no atmosphere to speak of and water is served in unbreakable plastic, but if you're searching for local fare—that undefinable fusion of ethnic cuisines—this the place. Sam Araki serves a 1-pound laulau (a steamed bundle of taro leaves and pork) that is worth the trip. Other grindz include loco moco, oxtail soup, plate lunches, pork chops, steaks, saimin, stir-fry, and daily specials. At the edge of Hilo's largest mall, above the parking lot near Longs, this local diner opens at 6 am.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
It was a year ago that I started the last Hawaii countdown. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more