- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Big Island of Hawaii
Lava Rock Café
Lava Rock Café Review
This is an affordable place to grab a sandwich or a coffee and check your email (Wi-Fi is free with purchase of meal) before heading to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. The homey, sit-down diner caters to families, serving up heaping plates of pancakes and French toast for breakfast. For lunch, burgers range from bacon-cheese to turkey to Paniolo burgers made with Hawaii grass-fed beef. There are also generous sandwiches, loco moco, and soups; beef or chicken teriyaki; and haupia cake for dessert. A full bar serves draft beer.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
· News & Features
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more