- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Big Island of Hawaii
Amy B.H. Greenwell Ethnobotanical Garden
Amy B.H. Greenwell Ethnobotanical Garden Review
Exhibiting a wealth of Hawaiian ethnobotanical traditions and some rare plants found only in cultivation, this 12-acre garden contains 250 types of plants typical of an early Hawaiian ahupuaa, the usually pie-shaped land divisions that ran from the mountains to the sea. The visitor center, now on the south side of the garden, includes a gift shop. The garden is 12 miles south of Kailua-Kona, across from the Manago Hotel. Call for information on guided tours.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more