- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Big Island of Hawaii
Panaewa Rainforest Zoo & Gardens
Panaewa Rainforest Zoo & Gardens Review
Billed as "the only natural tropical rainforest zoo in the United States," this sweet zoo is the home of white Bengal tiger Namaste, whose daily 3:30 feeding is quite a sight. Among the other animals here are such native Hawaiian species as the state bird, the nene goose, and the io (hawk), as well as lots of other rare birds, monkeys, and lemurs. To get here, turn left on Mamaki off Highway 11; it's just past the "Kulani 19, Stainback Hwy." sign.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more