- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Big Island of Hawaii
Manago Hotel Review
About 20 minutes upcountry of Kailua-Kona, the historic Manago Hotel is like a time warp. A vintage neon sign identifies the hotel, while Formica tables and old photos add to the authentically retro flavor. T-shirts brag that the restaurant has the best pork chops in town, and it's not false advertising. The fresh fish is excellent as well, especially the ono and ahi. Meals come with rice for the table and an assortment of changing side dishes, which usually include a macaroni, potato, and tuna salad, and a braised tofu and sautéed veggie dish.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
It was a year ago that I started the last Hawaii countdown. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more