- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- great restaurant
- close to volcano
- a little pricey for the area
- no TV or phone in room
Kilauea Lodge Review
A mile from the entrance of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, this lodge was initially built as a YMCA camp in the 1930s; now it is a pleasant inn, tastefully furnished with European antiques. Rooms have rich quilts and Hawaiian photographs, and some include their own wood-burning or gas fireplace. A charming one-bedroom cottage with a gas fireplace and a porch is perfect for romance. Cottages off the main property include Pii Mauna House, on the fairway of the Volcano Golf Course. Rates include a full hot breakfast at the Lodge's restaurant, which has an excellent, gourmet dinner menu that includes braised rabbit and leg of antelope. The duck a l'orange is a customer favorite. The restaurant is open to the public for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Address: 19-3948 Old Volcano Rd., 1 mile northeast of Volcano Store, Box 116 Volcano, HI 96785 | Map It
- Phone: 808/967–7366
- Website: www.kilauealodge.com
- Location: Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- 12 rooms, 4 cottages (off property).
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We just got back from our 12-day vacation on Maui to celebrate our 5th anniversary. Read more
Well … this isn’t going to be much of a trip report because I’m recovering from surgery, and can’t do the hiking that I’d typically do in Kauai. Read more
My wife and I are planning a week on Kauai first week of April...looking for suggestions on 'affordable' places to stay (eg VRBO, resorts, hotels), not high-end..kid-friendly activities/destinations/beaches...eateries...any Read more
· News & Features
American Airlines and US Airways formally completed their merger this morning, leaving four major players... Read more
Oceania Cruises has got something unique in store: a world cruise that embarks in the summertime instead... Read more
Whether its Spicy Alligator Fritters or Broiled Lobster Maine Lobster that you're after, Carnival's new... Read more