At a Glance
- great restaurant
- close to volcano
- no TV or phone in lodge rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Kilauea Lodge Review
A mile from the entrance of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, this lodge was initially built as a YMCA camp in the 1930s; now it is a pleasant inn, tastefully furnished with European antiques. Rooms have rich quilts and Hawaiian photographs, and some include a wood-burning or gas fireplace. A charming one-bedroom cottage with a gas fireplace and a porch is perfect for romance. Cottages off the main property include Pii Mauna House, on the fairway of the Volcano Golf Course. Rates include a full hot breakfast at the lodge's restaurant (open to the public), which has an excellent, gourmet dinner menu that includes braised rabbit and leg of antelope. The duck à l'orange is a customer favorite.
- Address: 19-3948 Old Volcano Rd., 1 mile northeast of Volcano Store, Box 116, Volcano, HI, 96785 | Map It
- Phone: 808/967–7366
- Website: www.kilauealodge.com
- Location: Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- 12 rooms, 4 cottages (off property)
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
View deals in Big Island for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More