- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Big Island of Hawaii
At a Glance
- great restaurant
- close to volcano
- no TV or phone in lodge rooms
Check Rates from our Partners
Kilauea Lodge Review
A mile from the entrance of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, this lodge was initially built as a YMCA camp in the 1930s; now it is a pleasant inn, tastefully furnished with European antiques. Rooms have rich quilts and Hawaiian photographs, and some include a wood-burning or gas fireplace. A charming one-bedroom cottage with a gas fireplace and a porch is perfect for romance. Cottages off the main property include Pii Mauna House, on the fairway of the Volcano Golf Course. Rates include a full hot breakfast at the lodge's restaurant (open to the public), which has an excellent, gourmet dinner menu that includes braised rabbit and leg of antelope. The duck à l'orange is a customer favorite.
- Address: 19-3948 Old Volcano Rd., 1 mile northeast of Volcano Store, Box 116 Volcano, HI 96785 | Map It
- Phone: 808/967–7366
- Website: www.kilauealodge.com
- Location: Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- 12 rooms, 4 cottages (off property).
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
It was a year ago that I started the last Hawaii countdown. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more