- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Big Island of Hawaii
Brown's Beach House at the Fairmont Orchid Hawaii
Brown's Beach House at the Fairmont Orchid Hawaii Review
Nestled alongside the resort's sandy bay, Brown's Beach House offers beautiful sunset dining and innovative cuisine. Attention to detail is evident in the sophisticated menu, like the Alae salt-roasted filet mignon served with kabocha pumpkin mash and truffle foie gras demi. Seafood lovers might like the crab-crusted Kona kampachi or the Sustainable Seafood Trio, featuring fresh catch from the Kona Coast. The menu includes choices that accommodate diet-specific preferences such as macrobiotic, raw, vegan, gluten-free, and diabetic—amazingly, these offerings are as flavorful and inventive as everything else on the main menu.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
· News & Features
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more