- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Big Island of Hawaii
Wailuku River State Park (Rainbow Falls )
Wailuku River State Park (Rainbow Falls ) Review
After a hard rain, these falls thunder into the Wailuku River gorge, often creating magical rainbows in the mist. Sometimes known as the "Hilo Town Falls," they are located just above downtown Hilo. Take Waianuenue Avenue west for a mile; when the road forks, stay right and look for the Hawaiian warrior sign. Open daylight hours.
- Address: Rainbow Dr., Hilo, HI 96720 | Map It
- Hours: Daily dawn–dusk
- Website: www.hawaiistateparks.org/parks/hawaii/index.cfm?park_id=57
- Location: Hilo
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
My film “Lava Luau” can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. Read more
I'm back, the laundry is done, and it's time to start my trip report.
I just finished putting together a photo album - hopefully the link will work. It's the quick version of the report: https://picasaweb.google.com/107255467248504604599/HawaiiTrip2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCKyj4easp5qOqwE Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more