Big Island Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Big Island
Hawaii Volcanoes National Park: Catch the lava fireworks at night and explore newly made land, lava tubes, steam vents, and giant craters.
Waipio Valley: Experience a real-life secret garden, the remote spot known as the Valley of Kings.
Kealakekua Bay Double Feature: Kayak past spinner dolphins to the Captain Cook Monument, then go snorkeling along the fabulous coral reef.
The Heavens: Stargaze through gigantic telescopes on snow-topped Mauna Kea.
Hidden Beaches: Discover one of the Kohala Coast's lesser-known gems.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $118 & up -- Oahu: Waikiki Beach Hotel w/Oceanarium, 35% Off BookIt.com
- $129-$155 -- Oahu Hotel near Waikiki Beach w/Rooftop Pool BookIt.com
- $1029 & up -- Big Island 3-Night Getaways incl. Air, Car Pleasant Holidays
- $13.53 & up -- Car Rentals across Hawaii CarRentals.com
- $349-$389 -- Maui 4-Star Oceanfront Resort, Save 45% — $349-$389 BookIt.com