Tennis in Big Island
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Many of the island's resorts allow nonguests to play for a fee. They also rent rackets, balls, and shoes. On the Kohala Coast, try the Fairmont Orchid Hawai‘i, the Hilton Waikoloa Village, and Waikoloa Beach Marriott. In Kailua-Kona there's the Ohana Keauhou Beach Resort, King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel, and the Royal Kona Resort.
County of Hawaii Department of Parks and Recreation. The department has information on all public courts. 25 Aupuni St., Hilo, HI, 96720. 808/961–8311. www.hawaii-county.com/directory/dir_parks.htm.
Kailua Playground. In Kailua-Kona, you can play for free at the Kailua Playground. 75-5794 Kuakini Hwy., Kailua-Kona, HI, 96740.
Old Kona Airport State Recreation Area. Tennis courts are available at Old Kona Airport State Recreation Area. North end of Kuakini Hwy., Kailua-Kona, HI, 96740. 808/327–4958 or 808/974–6200.
Hilo Tennis Stadium. There's a small fee to play on the eight courts (three lighted for night play) at Hilo Tennis Stadium. Ho‘olulu County Park, Pi‘ilani and Kalanikoa Sts., Hilo, HI, 96720. 808/961–8720.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's