- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kayaking and Sailing
Ocean Motion. After an instructional clinic, head off to explore the marsh creeks, coastal waters, and beaches with Ocean Motion, which has been giving kayaking tours of St. Simons for more than 30 years. The shop also does bike rentals. 1300 Ocean Blvd., St. Simons Island, GA, 31522. 912/638–5225 or 800/669–5215.
Barry's Beach Service. If sailing is your thing, check out this shop in front of the King and Prince Beach and Golf Resort on Arnold Road for its Hobie Cat rentals and sailing lessons. Barry's also rents kayaks, boogie boards, stand-up paddle boards, beach chairs and umbrellas, and beach funcycles (low, reclining bikes), and conducts guided kayak tours. On the beach near the Beach Club North Breaker Condominiums, St. Simons Island, GA, 31522. 912/638–8053 or 800/669–5215. www.stsimonskayaking.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's