- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Carolinas & Georgia
Jekyll Island National Historic Landmark District
Jekyll Island National Historic Landmark District Review
Tram tours of this 240-acre historic district include two millionaires' residences. Call ahead to see if the tour will visit Faith Chapel, built in 1904, which is illuminated by stained-glass windows, including one Tiffany original. The chapel is open daily 2–4 unless it has been reserved for a wedding.
Jekyll Island Museum. Tours ($16) originate at this little museum, departing daily at 11 am, 1 pm, and 3 pm, weather permitting. 100 Stable Rd. off I–95 Exit 29, 31527. 912/635–4036. www.jekyllisland.com.
- Address: Jekyll Island, GA
- Location: Jekyll Island
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from our 2 week trip to the south. Read more
Here's a brief run down on our Savannah sojourn last month. Read more
Hi! Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more