- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Carolinas & Georgia
Jekyll Island National Historic Landmark District
Jekyll Island National Historic Landmark District Review
Tram tours of this 240-acre historic district include two millionaires' residences. Call ahead to see if the tour will visit Faith Chapel, built in 1904, which is illuminated by stained-glass windows, including one Tiffany original. The chapel is open daily 2–4 unless it has been reserved for a wedding.
Jekyll Island Museum. Tours ($16) originate at this little museum, departing daily at 11 am, 1 pm, and 3 pm, weather permitting. 100 Stable Rd. off I–95 Exit 29, 31527. 912/635–4036. www.jekyllisland.com.
- Address: Jekyll Island, GA
- Location: Jekyll Island
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from our 2 week trip to the south. Read more
Here's a brief run down on our Savannah sojourn last month. Read more
Hi! Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors editor gives advice on how to travel by rail... Read more
Pack light and still look great on your next camping trip with these 10 low-maintenance beauty products.... Read more
Castles, lakeside resorts, bang-for-your-buck Hawaii finds, and dazzling hotel gardens—it's... Read more