- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's The Carolinas & Georgia
At a Glance
- air-conditioned in summer
- lack of telephone service means complete solitude
- no stores on Cumberland
- communications to the mainland are limited
Check Rates from our Partners
Greyfield Inn Review
Once described as a "Tara by the sea," this turn-of-the-last-century Carnegie family home is Cumberland Island's only accommodation. Built in 1900 for Lucy Ricketson, Thomas and Lucy Carnegie's daughter, the inn is filled with period antiques, family portraits, and original furniture that evoke the country elegance of a bygone era. And the solitude offered by this 1,000-acre private compound also seems a luxury from the past. Prices include all meals, transportation by private boat from Fernandina Beach, FL, tours led by a naturalist, and bikes.
- Address: Southern end of the island, accessible by private boat from Fernadina Beach, FL, Cumberland Island, GA 31558 | Map It
- Phone: 904/261–6408; 866/401–8581
- Website: www.greyfieldinn.com
- Location: Cumberland Island
- 12 rooms, 4 suites.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from our 2 week trip to the south. Read more
Here's a brief run down on our Savannah sojourn last month. Read more
Hi! Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more