- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Three Oaks Carriage and Trail Company. See Jekyll by horseback with this well-regarded livery company, in business for more than 30 years. Trail rides include visits to the salt marsh and Driftwood Beach, a boneyard of live oaks and pine trees being reclaimed by the sea; narrated carriage tours explore the sights of the historic district. Rides leave from the Clam Creek picnic area across from the Jekyll Island Campground, and the carriages leave from the Island History Center. Perks for families include a horse camp for children and riding lessons for all ages. Three Oaks is located in a historic building that has been used as a livery for over 100 years. Jekyll Island History Center, 100 Stable Rd., Jekyll Island, GA, 31527. 912/635–9500. www.threeoakscarriageandtrail.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's