- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Canoeing and Kayaking
Flint River Outdoor Center. About 45 minutes from Pine Mountain between Thomaston and Columbus is the Flint River Outdoor Center, with 10 mi of river courses where you can test your skills in everything from a float tube to kayaks running Class II rapids. Some expeditions include an overnight stay at their campsite. 4429 Woodland Rd., Rte. 36 at Flint River, Thomaston, GA, 30286. 706/647–2633. www.flintriveroutdoorcenter.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- Canoeing and Kayaking
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's