Southwest Georgia Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
Callaway Gardens Resort and Preserve: 14,000 acres of gardens and parkland make this the raison d'être for visiting Pine Mountain. In spring the rhododendrons and wild azaleas take your breath away.
Thomasville plantations: Nowhere is the lore of the Deep South better understood than in and around the plantations of Thomasville. Because many have been restored as country inns or are open to the public, they are almost like living museums.
FDR's Little White House: The cottage where President Franklin Delano Roosevelt stayed while taking in the healing waters of Warm Springs looks much as it did in his day. You can even see the pools where he was treated for polio.
Jimmy Carter's home town: President Jimmy Carter and First Lady Rosalynn Carter still live in Plains, Georgia, and still worship at the Maranatha Baptist Church. There are a number of museums and historic sites in Plains dedicated to Carter's legacy.Updated: 09-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's