- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The barrier island 18 miles east of Savannah, formerly known as Savannah Beach, has been a destination since the 1920s, when a train connected downtown to the beach pavilion where jazz bands played. These days the island is a mix of kitschy shops and interesting restaurants, making a wonderfully quirky beach town. Whether you're looking to work on your tan, spend a day on a fishing charter, or paddle around in a kayak, this is a must-see during the summer months.
Tybee Island at a Glance
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's