- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Savannah officials take safety seriously, and you will see both city police cars and SCAD security patrol cars throughout the downtown area. By day, you do not need to fear walking downtown streets, but you should always remove valuables from your car and lock the doors. Utilize your hotel's safe for your cash and valuables. By night, exercise reasonable caution, especially in poorly lighted areas along the perimeter of the Historic District. Squares that are not surrounded by residences can also be problematic late at night. Ask your hotel or inn concierge about issues in your immediate surroundings, and try to avoid walking alone downtown after 9 pm. Keep the phone numbers for taxi companies handy.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's