Shopping in Savannah
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
You would have to make a concerted effort to leave Savannah empty-handed. Whether you're on a quest for designer clothing or handmade candy, Savannah offers up a potent dose of shopping therapy on a silver platter.
Savannah has a wide range of colorful businesses. The rich pasts contained within antique malls and junk emporiums beckon you with their eye-catching storefronts and eclectic offerings, as do the many specialty shops and fashionable boutiques clustered along Savannah's moss-imbued streets. The secret is that while Savannah has areas with lots of stores, not all the great shopping is found in one stop.
Stroll up and down Broughton to find a mix of local boutiques and national retailers, but also follow Bull Street south from there to find more interesting shops, from bikes to high-end antiques. The area on Whitaker Street known as Savannah's design district includes home goods and fine art and clothing, among other items.
If you're staying downtown, the best place to start is at the front door of your hotel or inn; just strap on a comfortable pair of shoes, keep your eyes peeled, and take a nice walk through the bustling Historic District and its many unique and beautiful squares.
Browse Savannah Shopping
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's