- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Savannah
This place is about as laid back and low key as it gets, as evidenced by the neon beer signs and day-old newspapers that double as the table cloths. Located just across the bridge from Savannah on Highway 80, Desposito's has been serving up cold beer and boiled seafood for decades. The no-nonsense menu offers a small variety of seafood, including steamed oysters and boiled shrimp and local blue crab. For the landlubbers, try the chili or sausage dog. No doubt about it: this is a great place to bring the kids.
- Address: 3501 Marye St., Whitemarsh Island, Savannah, GA 31410
- Phone: 912/897-9963
- Location: Greater Savannah
- Closed Mon. No lunch on weekdays.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from our 2 week trip to the south. Read more
Here's a brief run down on our Savannah sojourn last month. Read more
Hi! Read more
· News & Features
To really see Savannah, hop off the back of the trolley and rent a bike instead. ... Read more
Springtime is the best time at many Southern inns, bed-and-breakfasts, and hotels.... Read more
From the first shots fired on Fort Sumter to the surrender at Appomattox Court House, the Civil War Sesquicentennial... Read more