- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Having undergone an extensive renovation in 2011, Saigon's attractive exterior now compliments the great Thai and Vietnamese food found inside. Plentiful platters of pad thai and other specialties are beloved by locals. Start off your meal with the eggplant in garlic sauce, or maybe a steaming bowl of tom yum soup. When it comes to entrees, the pad sam rot—lightly fried strips of beef or chicken served in a mouth-watering red chili sauce with a side of rice—is highly recommended, as are many of the noodle dishes. For dessert, be sure to save room for the fried bananas smothered in honey.
- Address: 4 W. Broughton St., Historic District, Savannah, GA 31401
- Phone: 912/232–5288
- Location: Historic District
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Here's a brief run down on our Savannah sojourn last month. Read more
My Lady Wife and I just spent a pleasant short visit to St Simons, GA (http://www.goldenisles.com/st-simons-island )
We stayed at the Ocean Inn and Suites (http://www.oceaninnsuites.com/ ) which Read more
Which would you choose if you had to? Read more
· News & Features
To really see Savannah, hop off the back of the trolley and rent a bike instead. ... Read more
Springtime is the best time at many Southern inns, bed-and-breakfasts, and hotels.... Read more
From the first shots fired on Fort Sumter to the surrender at Appomattox Court House, the Civil War Sesquicentennial... Read more