Fodor's In Focus Savannah
Mobile AppDownload Savannah - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
Lafayette Square Review
Named for the Marquis de Lafayette, who aided the Americans during the Revolutionary War, the square contains a graceful three-tier fountain donated by the Georgia chapter of the Colonial Dames of America. The Cathedral of St. John the Baptist is located on this square, as are the Andrew Low House and the impressive Hamilton-Turner Inn. The childhood home of celebrated Southern author Flannery O'Connor is also on this square.
- Address: Abercorn St. between E. Harris and E. Charlton Sts., Historic District, Savannah, GA, 31401
- Location: Historic District
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from our 2 week trip to the south. We were away from March 4-March 18. The weather was ideal, except for the last ... Read more
Here's a brief run down on our Savannah sojourn last month. Always wanted to see this historic place and so we booked a week with a R... Read more