- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's In Focus Savannah
Al Salaam Deli
Al Salaam Deli Review
If your tastebuds are bored with the Same Old Thing, or if the line at Green Truck Pub is too long, head over here, one of Savannah's few restaurants specializing in Middle Eastern fare. Owned and operated by a husband and wife team, Al Salaam is celebrated for its moist and authentic falafels, chicken curry wraps, spit-lamb gyros, and platters with hummus or baba ganoush. The food is plentiful and fast and the prices are low. Take time to look around the small space, enticingly papered over with vintage covers of National Geographic and depicting cultures from the world over.
- Address: 2311 Habersham St., Savannah, GA 31401
- Phone: 912/447-0400
- Location: Greater Savannah
- Reservations not accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from our 2 week trip to the south. Read more
Here's a brief run down on our Savannah sojourn last month. Read more
· News & Features
To really see Savannah, hop off the back of the trolley and rent a bike instead. ... Read more
Springtime is the best time at many Southern inns, bed-and-breakfasts, and hotels.... Read more
From the first shots fired on Fort Sumter to the surrender at Appomattox Court House, the Civil War Sesquicentennial... Read more