Savannah: Places to Explore
Mobile AppDownload Savannah - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
The past plays an important role in Savannah. In the Historic District, visitors feel as if they've stumbled through a portal to the past. But don't be fooled: Savannah is a living city, and when...
Georgia's sage founder, General James Oglethorpe, laid out the city on a grid as logical as a geometry solution. The Historic District is neatly hemmed in by the Savannah River, Gaston Street,...
The barrier island 18 miles east of Savannah, formerly known as Savannah Beach, has been a destination since the 1920s, when a train connected downtown to the beach pavilion where jazz bands...
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's