Mobile AppDownload Savannah - Fodor's Travel for FREE!
Cooking School in Savannah
700 Kitchen. Bring out your inner gourmet chef with a hands-on lesson in five-star food preparation at the 700 Kitchen. This educational and entertaining cooking school is part of the Mansion on Forsyth complex and boasts a state-of-the-art kitchen. No matter your skill level, if you want to pick up tips and tricks from the pros then this is your chance. Be ready to get your hands dirty, and enjoy tasting what you make. You will be given a little sparkling wine to smooth the palate, as well as a good-quality, long apron with the 700 Kitchen logo. You don't have to be a guest at the hotel to be a student, but classes are held for a minimum of 10 persons (depending on how many you are, you may have to buddy up with other people who register, just like in real college). Classes are normally three hours in length, $90 a person plus tax and gratuity. Call for information on upcoming classes, then get set to enjoy a unique culinary experience. Mansion on Forsyth Park, 700 Drayton St., Historic District, Savannah, GA, 31401. 912/238–5158. www.700kitchen.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's