This beautifully restored, three-story brick home was commissioned in 1804 by a leader of the Cherokee Nation. Moravian artisans helped construct the intricately carved interior mantles and other woodwork. The well-decorated home is furnished as it would have been when Chief Vann lived there. Of mixed Scottish and Cherokee parentage, Chief James Vann owned numerous slaves who also worked on the construction of the house. His son, Cherokee statesman Joseph Vann, lived in the house until he was evicted by the Georgia Militia in 1835 and forced to move to Cherokee Territory, in what is now Oklahoma.