Sights & Attractions in Central and North Georgia
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Choice Sights in Central and North Georgia
In the Chattahoochee National Forest, Brasstown Bald reaches 4,784...
|Mountains||Hiawassee, Young Harris and Lake Chatuge|
Chief Vann House
This beautifully restored, three-story brick home was commissioned...
|Houses / Mansions||New Echota|
Folk Pottery Museum of Northeast Georgia
Located 4 mi southeast of Helen, this museum showcases a 200-year...
|Museums / Galleries||Helen and Sautee-Nacoochee Valley|
Foxfire Museum and Heritage Center
In 1966, students at the Rabin Gap-Nacoochee School wrote articles...
|Museums / Galleries||Clayton|
State Botanical Gardens of Georgia
Just outside the Athens city limits, you'll find this tranquil...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Athens|
Tallulah Gorge State Park
The 1,000-foot-deep Tallulah Gorge is one of the most impressive...
Browse All Central and North Georgia Sights
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $67 -- 4-Star Atlanta Perimeter Hotel Hotwire.com