Sights & Attractions in Central and North Georgia
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Choice Sights in Central and North Georgia
In the Chattahoochee National Forest, Brasstown Bald reaches 4,784...
|Mountains||Hiawassee, Young Harris and Lake Chatuge|
Chief Vann House
This beautifully restored, three-story brick home was commissioned...
|Houses / Mansions||New Echota|
Folk Pottery Museum of Northeast Georgia
Located 4 mi southeast of Helen, this museum showcases a 200-year...
|Museums / Galleries||Helen and Sautee-Nacoochee Valley|
Foxfire Museum and Heritage Center
In 1966, students at the Rabin Gap-Nacoochee School wrote articles...
|Museums / Galleries||Clayton|
State Botanical Gardens of Georgia
Just outside the Athens city limits, you'll find this tranquil...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Athens|
Tallulah Gorge State Park
The 1,000-foot-deep Tallulah Gorge is one of the most impressive...
Browse All Central and North Georgia Sights
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's