Sights & Attractions in Central and North Georgia
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Augusta Canal Interpretive Center
Housed in a converted mill, this museum traces Augusta's important...
|Houses / Mansions, Historic Districts / Sites||Augusta|
The well-maintained pathways of the Riverwalk (between 5th and...
|Neighborhoods / Streets||Augusta|
The first river in the Southeast to be designated a Wild and...
|Bodies of Water||Clayton|
Foxfire Museum and Heritage Center
In 1966, students at the Rabin Gap-Nacoochee School wrote articles...
|Museums / Galleries||Clayton|
Designed by the New York firm T. Thomas & Son in the mid-1800s...
|Houses / Mansions||Macon|
Morris Museum of Southern Art
This is a splendid collection of Southern art, from early landscapes...
|Museums / Galleries||Augusta|
Ocmulgee National Monument
Located 3 mi east of downtown Macon, Ocmulgee is a significant...
|Memorials / Monuments||Macon|
Tallulah Gorge State Park
The 1,000-foot-deep Tallulah Gorge is one of the most impressive...
Tubman African American Museum
This museum honors Harriet Tubman, the former slave who led more...
|Museums / Galleries||Macon|
Browse All Central and North Georgia Sights
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's