Mark of the Potter
Mark of the Potter Review
In an old gristmill with beautiful views of the Soque River, Mark of the Potter offers an outstanding selection of pottery from more than 30 artisans. The emphasis is on functional pieces, with a great variety of clay and firing techniques and glazes in every imaginable color. Items range from coffee scoops to lamps, mugs to elaborate vases and casserole dishes. The shop is legendary among Georgia-pottery lovers. Children and adults alike will enjoy sitting on the porch and feeding the huge pet trout. A potter works on the wheel at the shop on Saturday and Sunday.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's