Lake Rabun Review
Built in 1915, the first of six lakes in the state built by Georgia Railway and Power Company, Lake Rabun covers only 834 acres. Its small size is misleading, as its narrow fingers dart through mountain valleys. Lightly visited by tourists and populated with weekend homes and old boathouses, it has a low-key charm. The lake offers boating, fishing, and camping. There's a small beach at Rabun Beach Recreation Area at the east end of the lake available for day use for a fee.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's