- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Nacoochee Grill Review
Beef, chicken, and fish grilled on a wood-fired grill are the focus at this casual restaurant set in a cheerful old house in Nacoochee Village, just outside town. The roasted corn, trout, and salmon chowder is a specialty. Chicken pot pie is another favorite, along with crab cakes. It's also a great place to try local wines.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Athens Hotel near University incl. Wi-Fi & Breakfast SpringHill Suites by Marriott Athens Georgia Hotel
- $119-$150 -- Centennial Park Hotel in Downtown Atlanta Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Downtown
- $66 -- 4-Star Atlanta Perimeter Hotel — $66 Hotwire.com
Tomorrow I head out on my next trip: Georgia, Armenia, Syria, Lebanon and Jordan. Read more
Does anyone have any recommendations for well located, local (ie, non-chain, non-Marriott) hotels in these three cities (trip not until next August).
Thanks Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side,... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more