- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Chattooga River Review
The first river in the Southeast to be designated a Wild and Scenic River by Congress, the Chattooga River begins at Whiteside Mountain in North Carolina and forms the border between Georgia and South Carolina. With Class II to Class V rapids, the Chattooga is popular for white-water rafting, especially in spring and summer. Movie buffs should note that this was one of the locations for Deliverance.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Athens Hotel near University incl. Wi-Fi & Breakfast SpringHill Suites by Marriott Athens Georgia Hotel
- $119-$150 -- Centennial Park Hotel in Downtown Atlanta Holiday Inn Express Atlanta Downtown
- $66 -- 4-Star Atlanta Perimeter Hotel — $66 Hotwire.com
Tomorrow I head out on my next trip: Georgia, Armenia, Syria, Lebanon and Jordan. Read more
Does anyone have any recommendations for well located, local (ie, non-chain, non-Marriott) hotels in these three cities (trip not until next August).
Thanks Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side,... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more