- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Eatonton sits in the center of Georgia's Lake Country. Lake Oconee and Lake Sinclair, both created and maintained by Georgia Power, are nearby.
Lake Sinclair Recreational Area. Lake Sinclair is a favorite of anglers and is the site of a fishing tournament each year. Georgia Power maintains several parks with boat ramps, fishing piers, and campgrounds. About 11 mi from Eatonton, Lake Sinclair Recreational Area, maintained by the U.S. Forestry Service, has a beach, boat ramp, and campsites. Twin Bridges Rd., Eatonton, GA. 770/297–3000. www.fs.usda.gov.
Lawrence Shoals Park. On the shores of Lake Oconee, the second-largest body of water in Georgia, Lawrence Shoals Park offers a boat ramp, beach area, picnic shelter, and camping facilities. 123 Wallace Dam Rd., Eatonton, GA, 31024. 706/485–5494. www.georgiapower.com/lakes.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's