- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Nantahala Outdoor Center. The North Carolina–based Nantahala Outdoor Center, the largest rafting company in the region, runs part-day, daylong, and overnight white-water rafting trips on the Chattooga, Nantahala, and Ocoee Rivers, from $89 per person. 13077 Highway 19 W, Bryson City, NC, 28713. 888/905-7238. www.noc.com.
Southeastern Expeditions. Guided full-day trips on the Chatooga, starting at $85 per person, are available at Southeastern Expeditions. 7350 U.S. 76 E, Clayton, GA, 30525. 800/868–7238. www.southeasternexpeditions.com.
Planning on shopping and eating out? Call ahead. Many smaller town shops—such as those in Clayton, Ellijay, Blue Ridge, and Blairsville—are closed Sunday. But Dahlonega and Helen shops are open daily.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's