- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Explore this part of the classic South via car, then park to wander the streets full of shops and restaurants. You can also canoe on the river or along the 1845 tree-lined Augusta Canal, a natural habitat for herons and other birds.
The Augusta Cotton Exchange (also known as the Augusta Convention & Visitors Bureau) conducts free tours of its historic brick building, with exhibits from its past as an arbiter of cotton prices. It also has Saturday trolley tours throughout the historic district of Augusta ($12).
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's