- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Taxi service in Atlanta can be uneven. Drivers often lack correct change, so bring along plenty of small bills. You can also charge your fare, as many accept credit cards. Drivers may be as befuddled as you are by the city's notoriously winding streets, so if your destination is somewhere other than a major hotel or popular sight, bring along printed directions.
In Atlanta taxi fares begin at $2.50, then add 25¢ for each additional 1/8 mi. Additional passengers are $2. You generally need to call for a cab, as Atlanta is not a place where you can hail one on the street. Buckhead Safety Cab and Checker Cab offer 24-hour service.
Buckhead Safety Cab (404/233-1152.)
Checker Cab (404/351-1111. www.atlantacheckercab.com.)
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $159-$179 -- Ritz Carlton Atlanta in Spring, Save $80 Expedia
- $65 -- 4-Star Atlanta Perimeter Hotel Hotwire.com
- $28 & up -- Car Rentals in Atlanta, up to 10% Off Sixt Rent a Car