- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Midtown and Westside
Midtown Atlanta—north of Downtown and south of Buckhead—is four miles and has a skyline of gleaming office towers that rivals Downtown's. Its renovated mansions and bungalows have made it a city showcase, and so has Piedmont Park and the Atlanta Botanical Garden. It's also the location of the Woodruff Arts Center, one of the largest performing-arts centers in the country, and roughly 20 other arts and cultural venues, including the recently relocated Museum of Design Atlanta. The neighborhood is the hub for the city's sizable gay community.
The Westside, once considered a part of Midtown, has earned its own identity. Here you'll find some of the city's best and most sophisticated restaurants, including high-end Bacchanalia, as well as the Atlanta Contemporary Art Center and other top galleries.
Midtown and Westside at a Glance
- Atlanta Botanical Garden
- Atlanta Contemporary Art Center
- Atlanta Monetary Museum
- Bank of America Plaza Tower
- Center for Puppetry Arts
- Fox Theatre
- The Goat Farm Arts Center
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's