- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go
The Georgia Aquarium: This wildly successful draw, the world's largest aquarium, draws visitors from all over the globe.
A stroll through the park: April in Paris has nothing on Atlanta, especially when the azaleas and dogwoods are blooming in the Atlanta Botanical Garden and Piedmont Park.
Following in Dr. King's footsteps: Home of Martin Luther King Jr., Atlanta was a hub of the civil rights movement. Tour the King Center and his childhood home on Auburn Avenue.
Civil War history: Artifacts in the city's museums—as well as at historic sites in nearby Kennesaw, Marietta, and Roswell—give you the chance to revisit those difficult times.
Southern cooking, and then some: Good Southern food has always been easy to find here, but Atlanta's proliferation of young, talented chefs and its ethnic diversity makes it a great place to sample a wide range of cuisines.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe