Running in Atlanta
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Check the Atlanta Track Club's Web site (www.atlantatrackclub.org) for weekly Atlanta-area group runs.
Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area. Crisscrossed by 70 mi of trails, this rec area contains different parcels of land that lie in 16 separate units spread along the banks of the Chattahoochee River. Much of it has been protected from development. Visitor Center, 1978 Island Ford Pkwy., Atlanta, GA, 30350. 678/538-1200. www.nps.gov/chat. Visitors Center: daily 9-5.
Piedmont Park. The longest running path in Piedmont Park is the Park Loop, which circles the park in 1.68 mi. 10th St. between Piedmont Ave. and Monroe Ave., Midtown, Atlanta, GA, 30309. 404/875-7275. www.piedmontpark.org.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $159-$179 -- Ritz Carlton Atlanta in Spring, Save $80 Expedia
- $67 -- 4-Star Atlanta Perimeter Hotel Hotwire.com