- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's South Florida 2014
Tomorrowland Speedway Review
This is one of those rides that incite instant addiction in children and immediate regret in their parents. The reasons for the former evident: the brightly colored Mark VII model cars that swerve around the four 2,260-foot tracks with much vroom-vroom-vrooming. Like real sports cars, the vehicles are equipped with rack-and-pinion steering and disc brakes; unlike the real thing, these run on a track. However, the track is so twisty that it's hard to keep the car on a straight course. Expect to spend a lot of time waiting your turn on the track and returning your vehicle after your lap. All this for a ride that achieves a top speed of 7 mph.
For people with disabilities: To drive the cars, you must be able to steer, press the gas pedal, and transfer into the low car seat. Skip on a first-time visit unless you'll break your child's heart.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We just returned from our 2 week trip to the south. Read more
And economical. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more