Walt Disney World Orlando Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Top Reasons to Go to Disney World
Nostalgia: Face it—Mickey and Company are old friends. And you probably have childhood pictures of yourself in front of Cinderella Castle. Even if you don't, nobody does yesteryear better: head to Main Street, U.S.A, or Hollywood Boulevard and see.
Memories in the Making: Who doesn't want to snap photos of Sis on the Dumbo ride or of Junior after his Splash Mountain experience? The urge to pass that Disney nostalgia on to the next generation is strong.
The Thrills: For some this means roller coasting to an Aerosmith soundtrack or simulating space flight; for others it's about cascading down a waterslide or going on safari.
The Chills: If the Pirates of the Caribbean cave doesn't give you goose bumps, try the Haunted Mansion or Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.
The Spectacle: The list is long—fireworks, laser-light displays, arcade games, parades . . .Updated: 09-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's