East of Epcot and close to Interstate 4 along a large lake, this shopping, dining, and entertainment complex currently has three areas: the Marketplace, West Side, and the connecting district, Pleasure Island. Major changes are in store by 2016 after a massive makeover featuring new shops, restaurants, and promenades is complete and the area is renamed Disney Springs. A huge parking garage will open in early 2015. You can rent lockers, strollers, or wheelchairs, and there are two Guest Relations centers.
Downtown Disney at a Glance
- Best Western Lake Buena Vista Resort
- Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa
- Disney's Old Key West Resort
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort–French Quarter
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort–Riverside