- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Dinner and a Show
Fantasmic! Dinner Package. Call or check ahead to visit on a day when you can see the after-dark Fantasmic! show, with its 25 powerful minutes of Disney characters, special effects, fireworks, flames, fountains, and even animation sequences projected onto water screens. If you're not crazy about the idea of arriving at the huge Hollywood Hills Amphitheater more than an hour ahead of showtime for a good seat, it's worth booking a Fantasmic! dinner package.
You get a prix-fixe meal at buffet-style Hollywood & Vine or a full table-service dinner at Hollywood Brown Derby or Mama Melrose's, along with a preferred-entry pass to sidestep the main line at the Fantasmic! show. Each dinner includes appetizer, entrée, dessert (the Brown Derby's grapefruit cake is a sweet-tart wonder), and a nonalcoholic beverage.
There's a small catch (well, actually, there are three):
You'll have to book an early dinner so you have plenty of time between your dining time and your arrival for showtime. (Disney recommends that you show up at the theater 30 or more minutes ahead of time to choose your seat).
The dinner package is offered only for the first show on peak nights when Fantasmic! is performed twice.
If it rains, Fantasmic! might be canceled. You still get dinner, but you lose out on seeing the show with preferred seating.
It's best to reserve the package several months in advance. You'll have to provide a credit-card number and, if you cancel 48 hours or less before the show, your card will be charged $10 per person. Sunset Blvd., Disney's Hollywood Studios, Walt Disney World, FL, 32830. 407/939-3463 reservations. $37-$60 adults, $13-$22 children 3-9 (prices vary by restaurant and exclude tax and gratuity). Fantasmic! usually performed once nightly during off-peak seasons; twice nightly during holidays and other peak visiting times.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1079 & up -- Florida: Club Med Sandpiper Bay, Save 40% Club Med Sandpiper Bay
- $80-$108 -- Castle-Themed Resort near Universal, 40% Off Holiday Inn Resort Orlando - The Castle
- $649 & up -- Weeklong Cruise to Bahamas in Summer Royal Caribbean
- $41 & up -- Rent a Mercedes in Florida, 10% Off Sixt Rent a Car
- $129 -- Orlando: 2-BR Condo near Disney World, Save $100 — $129 Wyndham Bonnet Creek