- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Disney's Animal Kingdom Tips
Try to visit during the week. Pedestrian areas are compact, and the park can feel uncomfortably packed on weekends.
Plan on a full day here. That way, while exploring Africa's Pangani Forest Exploration Trail, say, you can spend 10 minutes (rather than just two) watching vigilant meerkats stand sentry or tracking a mama gorilla as she cares for her infant.
Arrive a half hour before the park opens as much to see the wild animals at their friskiest (morning is a good time to do the safari ride) as to get a jump on the crowds.
For updates on line lengths, check the Tip Board, just after crossing the bridge into Discovery Island.
Good places to rendezvous include the outdoor seating area of Tusker House restaurant in Africa, in front of DinoLand U.S.A.'s Boneyard, and at the entrance to Festival of the Lion King at Camp Minnie-Mickey.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1079 & up -- Florida: Club Med Sandpiper Bay, Save 40% Club Med Sandpiper Bay
- $80-$108 -- Castle-Themed Resort near Universal, 40% Off Holiday Inn Resort Orlando - The Castle
- $649 & up -- Weeklong Cruise to Bahamas in Summer Royal Caribbean
- $41 & up -- Rent a Mercedes in Florida, 10% Off Sixt Rent a Car
- $129 -- Orlando: 2-BR Condo near Disney World, Save $100 — $129 Wyndham Bonnet Creek