- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Animal Kingdom Spectacle
Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade. The parade takes off between 3:45 and 5 pm daily (times may vary, so check Times Guide) on a route beginning at the edge of Africa's Harambe village and continuing around Discovery Island with a "characters on safari" theme. Rafiki in his adventure Rover, Goofy in a safari jeep, and Mickey in his Bon Voyage caravan join other characters for the fanfare. Adding to the pomp are oversize puppets—snakes, giraffes, frogs, tigers, monkeys, and others—created by famed designer Michael Curry, known for the puppet costumes of Broadway's The Lion King. For good measure, Disney throws in some fanciful stilt walkers and animal rickshaws carrying VIPs or lucky park guests. For people with disabilities: Guests using wheelchairs should ask a cast member for best viewing location. As this is one of Disney's most creative parades, try not to miss it. Choose your spot along the parade route early. Discovery Island, Animal Kingdom, Walt Disney World, FL, 32830. Duration: 12 mins. Crowds: Heavy. Audience: All Ages.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's