- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Blizzard Beach Amenities
Dining: You can't bring oversize coolers, glass containers, or your own alcoholic beverages into the park. Picnicking is welcome, however, and there are several pleasant pavilions and other spots, most notably the terrace outside Lottawatta Lodge. This is also where you can reserve your own picnic spot ($40 for a day), which includes chairs (two of them loungers), an umbrella and small table, and four beach towels. Arrive early enough, and you'll snag a spot for free. You can get burgers, hot dogs, and salads at Lottawatta Lodge or other eateries and food stands. You could go for the usual snacks—snowballs or ice cream. But a truly sublime nibble is the melt-in-your-mouth mini donut from the Mini Donuts stand across from Lottawatta Lodge.
Dressing Rooms and Lockers: Dressing rooms, showers, and restrooms are in the Village area, just inside the main entrance. There are other restrooms in Lottawatta Lodge, at the Ski Patrol Training Camp, and just past the Melt-Away Bay beach area. Lockers are near the entrance, next to Snowless Joe's Rentals, and near Tike's Peak (the children's area and the most convenient if you have little swim-skiers in tow). It costs $8 to rent a small locker, $10 for a large one, and there's a $5 deposit. Note that there are only small lockers at Tike's Peak. The towels for rent ($2) at Snowless Joe's are tiny. If you forgot yours, you're better off buying a proper one at the Beach Haus.
First-Aid: The First-Aid Stand, overseen by a registered nurse, is in the Village, between Lottawatta Lodge and the Beach Haus.
Lost People and Things: Instruct youngsters to let a lifeguard know if they get lost. The Lost Children station is beneath a large beach umbrella near the front of the park. And don't worry about the kids—a Disney cast member will keep them busy with activities.
Private Patios: The park has 14 Polar Patios to rent to groups of as many as six people. For $250 a day in peak season (usually March through Labor Day) and $150 off-peak, you get plush loungers, chairs, a table with umbrella, refillable beverage mugs, an ice chest with two water bottles per person, a group locker, and an attendant who will take your orders for and deliver lunch and snacks (food costs extra). It's best to book a patio ahead of time (407/939-8687). If you arrive early enough, there might be an open patio; check at the Shade Shack.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $65-$89 -- Orlando Hotel by Disney w/Shuttle & Kids Eat Free BookIt.com
- $119-$149 -- Orlando: Condo near Disney w/Private Hot Tub BookIt.com
- $10 per day & up -- Car Rentals in Florida, up to 10% Off Sixt Rent a Car
- $144-$175 -- Orlando 4-Diamond Resort near Disney, 45% Off — $144-$175 Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
- $19.99 & up -- Rent a Chevrolet Cruze in Orlando — $20 Sixt Rent a Car