- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Walt Disney World with Kids 2014
Hard Rock Hotel
At a Glance
- shuttle, water taxi, or short walk to Universal and CityWalk
- preferential treatment at Universal rides
- charge privileges extend to the other on-property Universal hotels
- rooms and meals are pricey
- steep fees for parking, gym, and in-room Wi-Fi
- loud rock music in public areas, even the pool, but that's why you're here, right?
Check Rates from our Partners
Hard Rock Hotel Review
Music rules in this California Mission–style building, where guests can pretend they are rock stars as their hotel key card lets them skip the lines at Universal and grants early admission to Islands of Adventure's Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Walls are rich with rock memorabilia, from an Elvis jump suit to Madonna's "Like a Prayer" costume to Elton John's boots. Rooms have black-and-white photos of pop icons and 32-inch flat-panel TVs.
Electricity and water are a dangerous combination, but this is a fact the Hard Rock chooses to ignore (and we're glad they do!). Their sprawling 12,000-square-foot pool features an underwater sound system, weekly poolside movie screenings under the stars, and private cabanas with HD plasma-screen TVs and Wi-Fi. The Hard Rock is perfect for large multigeneration family trips and for smaller families looking to keep children entertained with water slides, sand beaches, and interactive fountains.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I just got home last night. Read more
*What Do You Mean Forgotten?*
As a boy learning about US history, what seemed to be described as "earliest" European settlement in the US included the Pilgrims arriving in Plymouth Rock, with a certai Read more
I am planning on moving to Florida with my husband and 2 kids and also I have a horse. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more